How Does This Policy Applies
When will we collect your data
We will collect your personal data when:
- You register and/or use our Services, or open an account with us;
- You submit any form, including, but not limited to, application forms or other forms relating to any of our products and services, whether online or by way of a physical form;
- You enter into any agreement or provide other documentation or information in respect of your interactions with us, or when you use our products and services;
- You interact with us, such as via telephone calls (which may be recorded), social media platforms and emails;
- You carry out transactions (Stripe) through our Services;
- You provide us with feedback or complaints; or
- You submit your personal data to us for any reason.
- In order for you to create an account on Fundigo and use our Services, we need to collect and process certain information.
Information for Backers and Campaign Creators
- Information for Backers to provide by completing forms on Fundigo — your name, email and postal addresses, telephone number, country of residence, login, and password details. We may ask for this information if you register as a user of the Services, subscribe to our newsletters, upload or submit content through Fundigo, or if you contact us;
- Information for Campaign Owners to provide during the completion of Fundigo’s onboarding process which includes your legal name, business name and UEN (registered under ACRA) for business entities, and founders date of birth. In some cases, our payment processor (Stripe) will request that you provide a secure upload of an identity document (such as your passport, drivers license or other government-issued ID) to Fundigo.
- Information that you submit on or to Fundigo in the form of comments, contributions to discussions, or messages to other users; and
- Demographic information — such as your age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, and ethnicity—that you have the option to provide to us after giving your consent to the processing of those personal data in order to help Fundigo equitably support all Social Enterprise and represent a diverse population in our research.
- You may decline to provide these information. However, this will limit your ability to register for an account or use our Services. You may pledge to a project as a backer by providing only an email address and name. However, to save payment details for future pledges and take most other actions on our Site, you will need to finish creating an account. You may review, change or remove your information through your account settings.
How We Use This Information
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To aggregated data, in an ongoing basis to improve, provide and promote our Services to all users with the best experience possible;
- To keep users account secure and protect our Services which includes the objective to reduce and prevent the rates of fraud, scams and abuse of our Services;
- To contact you or communicate with you via voice call, text message and/or fax message, email and/or postal mail or otherwise for the purposes of administering and/or managing your relationship with us or your use of our Services, such as but not limited to communicating administrative information to you relating to our Services;
- To protect personal safety and the rights, property or safety of others;
- For identification and/or verification;
- To audit our Services;
- Any other purposes which we will notify you of at the time of obtaining your consent. (collectively, the “Purposes”).
You acknowledge, consent and agree that Fundigo may access, preserve and disclose your Account information and Content if required to do so by law or pursuant to an order of a court or by any governmental or regulatory authority having jurisdiction over Fundigo or in a good faith belief that such access preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
(a) comply with legal process;
(b) comply with a request from any governmental or regulatory authority having jurisdiction over Fundigo;
(d) respond to any threatened or actual claims asserted against Fundigo or other claim that any Content violates the rights of third parties;
(e) respond to your requests for customer service; or
(f) protect the rights, property or personal safety of Fundigo, its users and/or the public.
How Does Fundigo Protect and Retain Users Information
To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as up-to-date antivirus protection, encryption, and disclosing personal data both internally and to our authorised third party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis.
You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
Information that’s shared publicly
When you create an account, we create a basic profile page for you on Fundigo, containing your username, the date the account was created, and a list of campaigns you have backed or launched. By default, your profile is private and but your username appears with the comments you post and messages you send on Fundigo and, if your profile is set to public, people can click your username to view it. If you make your profile public, others will be able to see the following things:
- The account of your username you select, and the date the account was created;
- Any information you choose to add to your profile (like a picture, bio, or your location);
- Campaign Owner you’ve backed (but not pledge amounts or rewards chosen);
- Campaigns you’ve created (for Campaign Owners);
- Comments you’ve posted on Fundigo; and
- If you have “Followed” a project.
Information that should not be shared with the public
The following data will not be publicly displayed or revealed to other users:
- Any payment information you provide;
- Your password details;
- Your phone number;
- Your date of birth and other identity verification documentation (for Campaign Owners);
- Private profile information, in accordance with your preferences; and
- Communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem);
Information that is shared with trusted third-party services
We may share your information with certain trusted third-party services to help us provide, improve, promote, or protect Fundigo’s Services (like when we partner with payment processors “Stripe”, or use services that help us manage our ads on other sites).
When we share data with third-party services that support our delivery of the Fundigo Services, we require that they use your information only for the purposes we’ve authorized, and that they protect your personal information at least to the same standards we do. We may also share information that’s aggregated and anonymized in a way that it doesn’t directly identify you. Such third parties includes:
- Our subsidiaries and affiliate partners;
- Contractors, agents, service providers and other third parties we use to support our platform and business;
- Third parties to whom disclosure by us is for one or more of the purposes and such third parties would in turn be collecting and processing your personal data for one or more of the purposes.
Information that is shared with Campaign Owners
When you back a project, the Campaign Owner will know your username, the amount you have pledged, and the reward you have selected. They will never receive backers’ credit card details or any other payment information.
For the project you have backed, the Campaign Owner will receive the email address, telephone number and postal address associated with your Fundigo account. They may also send you a survey requesting information needed to provide your reward. (For instance, they may need your T-shirt size etc related to the project you have pledged.) Any information you provide in such surveys will be received by the Campaign Owner.
Campaign Owners are required to keep backer information confidential, except as strictly necessary to communicate with backers directly and fulfill rewards. Campaign Owners should not ask for personal information that isn’t necessary to provide your reward, and should never request sensitive personal information such as your National Identity number or payment information. Contact us at our contact page if you receive a request for information that seems inappropriate or excessive.
Campaign Owners may also receive routine traffic analytics about their campaign pages.
Links to other web sites and services
Retention of Your Information
We will retain your information as long as your account is active, as necessary to provide you with the Services orto the extent permitted or required by applicable laws. We will also retain and use this information as necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy and to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements and protect Fundigo’s legal rights.
We also collect and maintain aggregated, anonymized or pseudonymized information which we may retain indefinitely to protect the safety and security of our Site, improve our Services or comply with legal obligations.
When determining the retention period, we will take into account of various criteria, such as the nature and length of our relationship with you, possible re-enrolment with our products or services, the impact on the services we provide to you if we delete some information about you, mandatory retention periods provided by law and the statute of limitations.
Access to, Updating, and Non-Use of Your Personal Information
Subject to the exceptions referred to in section 21(2) of PDPA, you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please send contact us at our contact page. We may make a small charge for this service.
We want to ensure that your Personal Information is accurate and up to date. If any of the information that you have provided to Fundigo changes, for example if you change your email address, name or contact number, you can review, change or remove your information through your account settings. You may ask us, or we may ask you, to correct information you or we think is inaccurate, and you may also ask us to remove information which is inaccurate.
This Policy will be updated from time to time. As we reserve the right to amend the terms of this Policy at our absolute discretion. Any amended Policy will be pointed and highlighted on the changes to the materials in policy. In addition, we will either notify you on the Site or via email. Upon changes in effect date, users that continue to use our services after the date of effect, means you accept this Policy.
Effective date: 31 March 2021
Last updated version: 31 March 2021